Thursday, June 18, 2009

Almost There!!

Well we are scheduled to fly out at 7:23am Wednesday, June 24th!! What an unbelievable experience the miracle of adoption brings! I have been looking at the pile of "stuff" in the middle of my bedroom floor and wondering how it's all going to fit in the luggage! I have managed to purchase nearly all travel size bottles to help with space...If only I had my sister out here who is known to be the "master packer" of the family! I have been known to over pack a time or two in my life so this will be a challenge.

The kids are doing great! Megan and JT are anxiously awaiting for their sister to arrive! They have been amazing. We have all expanded our ASL to talk with Hope.

I find myself looking at Hope's picture almost hourly during waking hours. I can't describe the emotional feelings that Paul and I are experiencing at this moment. We will have her in our arms June 29th which will be June 28th here. I have posted an itinerary below:

Group Schedule (detailed events are always subject to change)

Date

Itinerary

Hotel

Thurs, June 25

Groups arrive in Beijing

Renaissance Beijing Hotel

Fri, June 26

Free day or optional sightseeing


Sat, June 27

Group Sightseeing: TianAnMen Square & Forbidden City, the Great Wall (Juyongguan), Lunch is included. Orientation


Sun, June 28

Flight to Changsha CA1349 (11:25a-13: 35p)

­­­­Dolton Hotel

Mon, June 29

Meet children


Tues, June 30

Do adoption procedure (registration & notary)


Wed, July 1

Sightseeing: School and YuLu Academy


Thur, July 2

Sightseeing: Hunan Provincial Museum


Fri, July 3

Get paperwork back, Flight to GZ CZ3166 (20:20p-21: 35p)

China Hotel

Sat, July 4

Medical exam for children


Sun, July 5

Free day


Mon, July 6

Free day


Tues, July 7

ACS appointment; Farewell dinner


Wed, July 8

Go to ACS to take oath and get visa late


Thurs, July 9

Departure to US



Hopefully, I will be able to blog each day.....

Paul and I will share an anniversary when we are there on July 8th....14 years!! What a great way to celebrate our marriage with the wonderful miracle of adoption!

Please pray for us specifically in the area of travel and bonding and attachment. Please pray that we arrive in Beijing without any quarantine. Please pray that God prepare her heart and that when she meets us, she knows immediately that we are her mommy and daddy and that she is loved dearly. Please pray that God give her a sense of peace and contentment.....Something only God can give her.

Thank you in advance for all your prayers!!! We feel them each and every day!




2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for you. Look forward to meeting you & all the other CHI families in Guangzhou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh, I am getting awfully excited. Maddie and I will be following along each and every day...

    In Him,
    Heather (Mom to Maddie who was adopted at 4.5 years from China and is deaf!)

    ReplyDelete